Saturday, January 17, 2009

FF Early Pregnancy Signs

OK...I've been a FF VIP user for well over a year now, but recently they've been rolling out some strange "enhancements."  Such as the Early Pregnancy Signs silliness.  Leveraging the data that FF has collected through who-knows-how-many user charts, the system checks your signs or symptoms (such as nausea, headache, etc.) against those experienced in charts that result in pregnancy.  The algorithm then spits out a pregnancy probability for your current chart.

As if we don't have enough stupid things to obsess over, now I have a pregnancy probability.  Great.

This has been in place for a few months, so I don't know why I am just now getting around to ranting about it.  But I hate this thing.  Let me tell you, the past two cycles the damn thing has given me around 80% probability of being pregnant.  WRONG!  And this cycle, which I've pretty much already written off, it's telling me I only have a 30% probability.  Awesome.  Thanks, FF!  Now if I DO end up KTFU this cycle, at least I will be able to add to the theory that has been propagated by other Nesties - that the lower your "score," the better chance you have of being KTFU!  Ha!  :P

In other news, I doped myself up with Benadryl last night, slathered myself with anti-itch cream, and was able to sleep soundly until 4 AM, when I woke up with heartburn.  The heartburn was probably due to the super hot and tasty Indian food I ate last night (yellow lentils in spinach sauce and chili naan....YUMMO), he two glasses of Pinot Grigio, and the fact that I passed out within 15 minutes of getting home from the restaurant.  Ah well.  It was all still worth it.  :)

Disclaimer: Do not follow my bad example and mix Benadryl and alcohol.  Unless, of course, you've had insomnia all week due to incessant, full body itching.  And you're willing to provide entertainment to others!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment